What you Get with Your Very Own Personal Doctor
When you join a Direct Primary Care practice, you get your own personal doctor. Not an office that has 12 doctors and it’s a flip of the coin who you will see when you make an appointment. One. Personal. Doctor. This empowers you to build a trusted and enduring relationship with your doctor?
Why does this matter?
When your doctor gets to know you and vice versa all kinds of wonderful things can happen. The sky’s the limit.
- Your doctor really gets to know you and your health.
- Your doctor knows your history – not just your medical history, but your family, your relationships, your job, and any issues you may be facing.
- Your doctor is aware of any chronic conditions and how this impacts you.
- Your doctor can coordinate your care. This doesn’t mean just writing a referral, but truly serving as the quarterback for your care.
- You trust your doctor and will become more and more comfortable sharing information with him / her.
- You can become an active participant in your own care – this is what happens when you develop a relationship with your doctor.
- Your doctor can help you on the go. When you have an actual relationship and can call your doctor, he or she may be able to help you without having to come in for an appointment every time.
Does this kind of care sound great to you? If so, Direct Primary Care may be a good fit for you. If you are a member of the New Jersey State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) and School Employees’ Health Benefits Program (SEHBP) you may be eligible to sign up for an R-Health practice at no extra cost to you.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!