While we may be witnessing more rain than snow currently, we are still in the throes of winter and we could all use some helpful hints to boost our immune system. So keep these tips in mind to stay healthy and avoid illnesses.
- Get a good night’s sleep. It’s important to sleep during the nighttime and stay awake during the daylight to balance your hormones for the winter.
- Vitamin D. Healthy Vitamin D levels can help boost your immune system. Prepare for winter by getting proper sunshine in the spring, summer, and early fall. This will help to maintain proper Vitamin D levels over the course of the winter.
- Fix your gut. Avoid processed foods, fake oils, and inflammatory grains as much as you can.
- Stay active during the winter. Be sure to try to get the recommended level of daily exercise.
- Control your stress. De-stress as much as you can. You can’t control the world, but you can change how you interact with it.
Still have questions? Reach out to your R-Health doctor to learn more about how to keep your immune system in check during the winter months.
Steven Horvitz, DO, Direct Primary Care Physician and R-Health Direct Primary Care Medical Director