Let’s face it—this year has been tough on all of us but that doesn’t mean your health should take a back seat. Your health, something you can strongly influence, has an impact on all areas of your life.
Plan for a fresh start in 2021 by setting realistic goals for yourself. Try incorporating some of these 5 New Year’s resolution ideas for a healthy lifestyle.
- Unplug yourself from technology. Turn your phone off, limit your computer time and don’t watch TV. Instead, do something that requires no technology at all. Taking a break from electronics will give your mind a chance to recharge, leaving you feeling more focused.
- Increase your physical strength. Most people say they don’t have time to work out so they skip it all together. Start by adding 5 minutes, then 10 minutes until you’ve reached 30 minutes of physical exercise each day. This will not only improve your physical health, but your mental health as well.
- Plan and prep your meals. Instead of worrying about seeing a certain number on the scale, plan your meals ahead of time so you’re less likely to get off track. The number on the scale will soon follow.
- Maintain a positive mindset. Your mental health is an important part of your overall health. Challenges and setback are inevitable—as most of us experienced in 2020—but having a positive attitude will keep you motivated to stick with all of your other health goals.
- Book your doctor’s visits for the year. Open your calendar and make your appointments for the year. Booking your appointments in advance will help you avoid unwanted stress while ensuring you’re up to date on all your necessary screenings to help keep you healthy. Give us a call to schedule your visit.