Have you ever stopped to think about how many times a day you drink water? Keeping hydrated is crucial for health and well-being, but many people do not consume enough fluids each day. Because our bodies are made up of about 60% water, our body depends on water to survive. When you don’t drink enough water, you put yourself at risk of becoming dehydrated which can affect you both physically and mentally.
Aside from the fact that our bodies need water to survive, here are 6 health benefits of drinking plenty of water:
- Drinking water is essential to brain function helping focus, concentration and keeping your energy level high
- Drinking plenty of water helps maximize physical performance by improving circulation and providing cushioning for your joints
- Adequate water intake helps keep a healthy urinary and gastrointestinal tract by flushing your bladder, aiding digestion, and preventing constipation
- Being well hydrated can help boost your metabolic rate assisting with weight loss
- Drinking water can help prevent headaches and may even help treat them
- Maintaining a healthy hydration status can help normalize your blood pressure and heart rate