https://www.r-health.md/wp-content/uploads/March-blog-healing-your-gut.png 315 560 Annie Arbizo https://www.r-health.md/wp-content/uploads/cropped-R-Health-by-Everside-logo_web-header-1.png Annie Arbizo2021-03-17 17:18:522021-04-07 12:46:21Healing Your Gut
Healing Your Gut
Not only does a healthy gut reduce risk of chronic diseases like diabetes but 70% of our immune system is also in the gut so it is critical to heal and focus on our gut health. There are many ways to help start healing your gut.
- Remove processed and sugary foods from your diet. Transition to a whole foods-based diet by adding in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to your meals.
- Incorporate prebiotic foods into your diet. Artichokes, onions, garlic, and asparagus are just a few of many foods that help the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
- Try fermented foods. These are rich in probiotics which help restore the gut and intestinal barrier. Add in sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, yogurt, and kefir to your daily meals.
- Create healthy sleep habits. Aim for 7-8 hours of high quality sleep every night and try to maintain the same sleep schedule every day.
- Regular exercise. Not only is regular exercise great for overall health, it also helps keep your gut microbiome in shape.
- Manage stress. Try meditating or practicing yoga every day to keep your stress levels down.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!