R-Health, a leader in Direct Care is seeking a compassionate and customer-service oriented Medical Assistant to join our practices across New Jersey. This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved with a recognized leader in the most effective and satisfying model for primary care delivery.
Providing excellent patient care and service is at the core of the R-Health MA’s role. The MA performs administrative, certain clinical duties, and healthcare coaching and care coordination under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Greet and log in patients arriving at R-Health office.
- Escort patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Interview patients to obtain medical history, medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height, and document in chart.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Ensure all related reports, labs and information are filed and available in patients’ medical records prior to their appointments.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians’ instructions to patients.
- Provide care coordination for patients with chronic or complex medical conditions.
- Provide health maintenance and improvement support/health coaching to patients by phone and in person.
- Close care gaps by working through lists of patients with required services that have not been completed, scheduling and ensuring completion of the necessary services.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform EKGs, and spirometry.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or changing dressings on wounds.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment. Maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. supplies, refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned by physician.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Great customer service/personal service skills – forming trusting relationships with patients. Ability to delight patients by assessing patient needs, meeting patient expectations and quality standards for service.
- Knowledge of the information needed to diagnose and treat patients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic office applications such as email, MS Word.
- Ability to use a basic electronic medical record.
- Knowledge and ability to operate basic electronic equipment/computer hardware.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant, is preferred
This position is full-time. Position is located in one of R-Health’s offices in New Jersey. E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com.