R-Health, a leader in Direct Care, is seeking a talented, passionate Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician to join our expanding network of DPC practices in New Jersey.
R-Health has been awarded a contract to roll out a Direct Care for anyone enrolled in New Jersey’s State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) or School Employees’ Health Benefits Program (SEHBP) in what NJBiz calls, “the largest [DPC] program in the country…”
R-Health providers are liberated from the bureaucratic headaches and cost burden of fee-for-service (FFS) insurance billing. As a result, our physicians have the ability to form lasting relationships with patients, receive better compensation and have a better work/life balance than most Primary Care physicians. R-Health New Jersey physicians have a maximum 1,000 patient panel. There are no co-pays, deductibles, insurance claims or collection headaches – just great patient-physician relationships supported by state-of-the-art care collaboration and technology.
Family Medicine/Internal Medicine Physician
An R-Health physician is a compassionate, innovative member of a team committed to improving the healthcare experience for R-Health patients and providers.
R-Health physicians provide comprehensive primary and preventive care services to a maximum 1,000 patient panel according to American Board of Family Medicine guidelines. This care includes acute and chronic disease management and preventive care.
Specific responsibilities of the R-Health physician may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assess, diagnose, treat, prescribe medication, and/or refer patient in accordance with prevailing standards of medical practice and relevant State and Federal regulations.
- Provide chronic disease management by collaboratively managing patient care with members of the care team such as health coaches, care managers, nurses, medical assistants, and administrative staff.
- Provide episodic care.
- Perform routine in-office procedures.
- Educate members on the management, control, and treatment of their diseases.
- Actively participate in R-Health care-quality improvement activities.
- Collaborate with other R-Health clinical staff in the development of quality improvement standards and clinical protocols.
- Provide input into the workflow for the Direct Care Medical Home and R-Health policy, procedures and quality improvement programs.
- Develop a medical network with trusted area specialists, hospitalists, emergency room providers, support services and others.
- Communicate and market the Direct Care model to prospective patients and community stakeholders.
- Ability to connect with members on a clinical and personal level.
- Willingness to collaboratively manage care with members of the patient’s care team.
- Desire to use technology to enhance member care and access.
- Three years or more of outpatient Family Medicine experience is preferred, but would consider less experience and/or Internal Medicine.
- Passion for innovative, value-based primary care.
- Knowledge of patient centered medical home concepts.
- Board certified or eligible in Family Medicine.
- Current New Jersey state medical license.
- DEA license.
- Maintenance of all CME requirements for continued licensing and certification.
If you are a primary care physician who is passionate about patient care and practice innovation, please send your CV, or request more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.