This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved with a recognized leader in the most effective and satisfying model for primary care delivery. R-Health, a leader in Direct Care, is seeking a compassionate and customer-service oriented Medical Assistant to join our Direct Care practice in West Orange, NJ.
Providing excellent patient care and service is at the core of the R-Health Medical Assistant’s role. The MA performs administrative, certain clinical duties, and healthcare coaching and care coordination under the direction of a physician.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Greet and log in patients arriving at R-Health office.
- Escort patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Obtain patient vital signs, weight, and height, and document in chart.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Close care gaps by working through lists of patients with required services that have not been completed, scheduling and ensuring completion of the necessary services.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform EKGs, and spirometry.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment. Maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Great customer service/personal service skills – forming trusting relationships with patients. Ability to delight patients by assessing patient needs, meeting patient expectations and quality standards for service.
- Knowledge of the information needed to diagnose and treat patients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic office applications such as MS Outlook (email), MS Word.
- Ability to use a basic electronic medical record.