R-Health, a leader in Direct Primary Care (DPC), is seeking a compassionate and customer-service oriented Medical Assistant to join our Direct Primary Care team. This is a fantastic opportunity to become involved with a recognized leader in the most effective and satisfying model for primary care delivery.
Providing excellent patient care and service is at the core of the R-Health Health Guide’s role. The Health Guide performs administrative, certain clinical duties, and healthcare coaching and care coordination under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, and patient out reach. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by the physician.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Greet and log in patients arriving at R-Health office.
- Escort patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Obtain patient vital signs, weight, and height, and document in chart.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations.
- Close care gaps by working through lists of patients with required services that have not been completed, scheduling and ensuring completion of the necessary services.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform EKGs, and spirometry.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to physicians
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment. Maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Great customer service/personal service skills – forming trusting relationships with patients. Ability to delight patients by assessing patient needs, meeting patient expectations and quality standards for service.
- Knowledge of the information needed to diagnose and treat patients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic office applications such as MS Outlook (email), MS Word.
- Ability to use a basic electronic medical record.